The musings of one Andrew Langer - defender of liberty, passionate protector of individual rights, foodie. (Note: Said Musings of Andrew Langer are his own, and the views represented herein are likewise his views, and not the views of any other people, entities, foodstuffs, etc [unless otherwise specifically and explicitly noted].)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Ballots Are IN!!!!


OK, so no, I'm not equating yesterday's MD primary with the Iraqi election - but I wanted something nice and fun and inspiring to put up there to represent the democratic process.

Yes, my election was yesterday. I lost, but I'm not disappointed (not in the slightest). I'd expected it, in fact.

What's amazing to me is that I got 310 votes! That means that 309 people other than me voted for me.

That boggles my mind.

I want to thank each and every one of you who voted for me for doing so. And I want to thank everyone else who came out and voted for doing so. Primary elections generally have low voter turnout, and I appreciate the fact that you took the time out of your schedules to come to the polls.

Now, the hard work of helping to bring the disparate elements of the GOP in Queen Anne's County back together again. The two factions who have been bloodying one another. The hard-workers who lost but whose help is absolutely essential. Those who labored within both camps for total victory, only to see half-measures gained.

All of us will need to come together in the next six weeks to ensure the victory of our candidates.

Thank you all again.

- Andrew Langer

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you lost. I'd have voted for you but I'm not in MD!

You can blame it on manipulation by Scientology. They will claim this as a "big win" and do "hip hip hurrah" in front of Hubbard's picture to celebrate.

Better luck next time!

September 14, 2006 10:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Your vote count is inaccurate! You got 312!

The absentee ballots are in! ;-)

I thought we did swimmingly!

September 17, 2006 1:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home