The musings of one Andrew Langer - defender of liberty, passionate protector of individual rights, foodie. (Note: Said Musings of Andrew Langer are his own, and the views represented herein are likewise his views, and not the views of any other people, entities, foodstuffs, etc [unless otherwise specifically and explicitly noted].)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dallas!!!!


As promised, I have pictures from my trip to Dallas last week. My buddy, Dr. Patrick Brandt, PhD, teaches at UT Dallas (he's an exceptionally gifted political scientist). I don't have any pictures of our trip to the Ranchman in Ponder (nor of the CFS [chicken or country-fried steak] served there), but I have pictures of our visit to Dealey Plaza. No political junkie can miss this trip.


Here I am behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll. What's fascinating is that I'm facing the railroad switching tower (which is in the middle of the parking lot that is bordered by this fence) where the switchmen claimed to have seen the 2nd team.

This is just in front of the spot where the first shot hit Kennedy (as marked by the X in the road).

On the Grassy Knoll with the Schoolbook Depository in the background.

It was a really hot day, and as Pat and I were leaving Dealey Plaza in search of a cold drink, I spied a billboard advertising a new "sports drink" - touted as a hangover cure. I didn't really need a hangover cure, but did need something to drink, and frankly, I was intrigued. Yes, you're reading that bottle right - it's a bottle of "Pickle Juice" sports drink, and I had just had a sip.

It tastes like pickle juice. Seriously.

Those of you interested in my low-carb diet (and low-carb diets of your own) will be happy to learn that the bottle only contains 2 carbs per serving (2 servings per bottle). However, those of you watching your sodium intake as well as your sugar intake will be dismayed to learn that each serving of "Pickle Juice" contains over sixteen hundred milligrams of sodium (that's right 3200 milligrams per bottle!).

I had a bottle of cold water instead.

- Andrew Langer

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see that I and my pictures made the blog!

August 17, 2006 12:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home