The musings of one Andrew Langer - defender of liberty, passionate protector of individual rights, foodie. (Note: Said Musings of Andrew Langer are his own, and the views represented herein are likewise his views, and not the views of any other people, entities, foodstuffs, etc [unless otherwise specifically and explicitly noted].)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Correction....

Well, any blog is bound to make a mistake or two as they are starting out, and so it is here. In my post last night on Judge Roberts, I reference a statement made in the National Journal regarding Roberts' judicial qualities. That statement had been given to me as being attributed to the Journal itself, and not any specific writers for the it.

Well, apparently the National Journal is now reading my blog (welcome, I appreciate it, I'm honored to have you here), because I just received an e-mail from Katherine Birrow, Manager of Public Relations for that well-respected DC publication:

Good afternoon Mr. Langer,

I am writing to make a request for a correction on your blog with regard to a National Journal mention in your post about John Roberts. When quoting one of our opinion columnists, in this case Stuart Taylor, Jr.'s remarks about the nominee from a 2002 column, please note in your writing that those sentiments are qualified as his views and not those of the the magazine itself. National Journal is a non-partisan, non-ideological publication and it is important that statements of our opinion columnists are attributed appropriately.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.


I have contacted Ms. Birrow in kind, apologized for the error, explained what had happened, and promised to correct the error. The article now relflects that the comments came from a columnist, and not from the National Journal itself.

I apologize for the error, and I appreciate the National Journal contacting me regarding it.

Thanks for your understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home