The musings of one Andrew Langer - defender of liberty, passionate protector of individual rights, foodie. (Note: Said Musings of Andrew Langer are his own, and the views represented herein are likewise his views, and not the views of any other people, entities, foodstuffs, etc [unless otherwise specifically and explicitly noted].)

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yes, I'm Alive!!!!!

I've started writing two posts, but have had to abandon them for the sake of time. I've already got 200-odd pictures, and by the time I've gone through them, selected the ones that I've wanted to post, edited them for size, and then gotten my Moroccan net connection working.... it's time to go to my next meeting.

This is an amazing country - beautiful, and a lot more green than I've anticipated. And the food is just wonderful. FSVC is keeping us tres busy - we're out of the hotel around 9, and then in meetings pretty much all day, then working dinners at night. I've managed to squeeze in some sight-seeing and shopping, and do have some good stories. I got a Medina shopkeeper to come down about 40% in the price of a lamp yesterday, and I'm fairly proud of that.

Last night, we had dinner at the home of the head of the NFIB equivalent here in Morocco, and it exceeded the expectations. Moroccans are known for their hospitality, and if you're invited into someone's home, you're in for a treat. I arrived on Sunday, and had missed the dinner at the home of a leading small business owner here, but apparently that was a very fun, very long evening - starting at 8:30, dinner at nearly 11, and then folks departed close to 2AM.

I leave it there for now. Oh, and for anyone trying to call me either at work or on my cell - I've been having problems calling out. Thus far, I've only been able to call home or receive calls from home or Janice's cell... and then, only after 11PM local time. But I can receive e-mail via my NFIB account on my PDA - that seems to be working perfectly.

So if you're trying to reach me, e-mail me.

See you all next week!

- Andrew Langer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home